Densetsu no Starfy 3
"This article is related to a game that has not been released outside Japan. The coverage here may differ from what it would be in an official translation."
|Densetsu no Starfy 3|
|Director(s)||Akio Imai, Azusa Tajima|
|Producer(s)|| Yasuhiro Minamimoto,|
|Release date(s)|| August 5, 2004 |
|Rating(s)|| CERO: |
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer (Minigames)|
Densetsu no Starfy 3 (Japanese: 伝説のスタフィー3, literally Legendary Starfy 3 or Legend of Starfy 3) is the third game in The Legendary Starfy series, released only in Japan. It is the last game in the series released for the Game Boy Advance.
The story of Densetsu no Starfy 3 takes place sometime after the events of Densetsu no Starfy 2.
Starfy was walking around Pufftop Palace, when suddenly he tripped, the clouds began to darken and debris began to fall from the sky; shocking everyone in the area. A Pufftop Guard was panicking and asked king Papa Star what was happening. The Pufftop Guard thought this was nonsense and wondered if Ogura had escaped again. Papa Star replied that it was nonsense and explained that Ogura was in no doubt sealed in the Jar. They began to wonder why this was happening.
The scene changes to show an unknown being sitting on a chair. He wondered if Ogura had conquered Pufftop yet. On realizing he hadn't, the unknown being struck a lightning bolt on the Jar, destroying it completely and releasing Ogura. Ogura floats over to Starfy and others, telling them that the Jar had been smashed into small pieces. Ogura explains that he won't be defeated as long as he has a personage by his side and attacks Moe and Starfy, leaving them dizzy. Ogura then flies far away from Pufftop, laughing.
Starfy, Moe, Papa Star stick together and discuss the situation. Moe wonders what Ogura meant by the personage. Papa Star says as the problem stands they cannot afford to leave it alone. He tells Moe and Starfy that they must pursue Ogura and defeat him somehow. Moe becomes angry and calls Papa Star an idiot. He notes that the Jar has already been smashed into pieces, and believes on all accounts their adventure isn't going to be beneficial. Papa Star becomes angry with Moe and asks "what are you talking about?", arguing that the peace of Pufftop is at stake.
Later, "a girl" appears. She jumps around Pufftop Palace and bounces off Moe. She asks why Starfy and others are "wasting time", which angers Moe. The name of the girl is called Starly. Starly pushes both Starfy and Moe off of the edge of Pufftop towards the ocean while they resist. Starly successfully pushes them off of the edge and then jumps off with them. As in Densetsu no Starfy and Densetsu no Starfy 2 they arrive at Lobber's Cave.
Starfy, Starly and Moe's quest is to bring peace back to Pufftop, as they find out about the unknown being and pursue Ogura. On the way, Starfy, Starly and Moe travel through ten stages, fight bosses and help solve other character's problems.
- Lobber's Cave
- Coral Coast
- Misty Town
- Crushed Ice Alpine
- Flamer Volcano
- Gabun Ocean Trench
- Undersea Ruins
- Sea of Sky
- Old Castle
List of Stuff
- Main article: Densetsu no Starfy 3/Stuff
Like in Densetsu no Starfy 2, there are 99 different Stuff in Densetsu no Starfy 3. These are clothes and accessories which Starfy and Starly can wear to dress up. They can be unlocked by obtaining them in stages, purchasing them in Jojiro's Shop, and clearing 'Hard' mode for each minigame.
Follow the article above for a list of stuff with screenshots and details on how to unlock each item.
- Main article: Densetsu no Starfy 3/Credits
Follow the link above for the Staff Credits in Densetsu no Starfy 3.
- This is first game where the player can play as Starly as this is her debut.
- This is the first game where both Starfy and Starly can be dressed up.
- This is the last Starfy game where Ogura is a main antagonist.
- Wario appears in this game.
- This is the only Starfy game where the player can get Pearls at the end of a stage.
- This game, along with The Legendary Starfy, are the only Starfy games where more than one player can play.
- So far, this is the only Starfy game where Evil is the main antagonist.
- This is the only Starfy game after Densetsu no Starfy 2 that doesn't have the Low Spin.
- So far, this is the only Starfy game to make use of a more powerful version of Shooting Star.
- This Starfy game has the most playable characters totaling to 21 playable characters which includes Starfy, Starly, Moe, a yellow star, a purple star, a blue star, a green star, Mama Star, Papa Star, Pufftop Guard, Savako, Lovely, Lovelove, Loverin, The Squirts #1 to 4, and all three of Moe's siblings.